Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I contacted liquidator to help me with my small company

Customer Question
I contacted liquidator to...

I contacted liquidator to help me with my small company debts without me loosing the right to pursue some claims in the name of the company. the liquidator said yes there is a way I can liquidate the company and assign the cases for you ,

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I have a small construction company, I had some financial hardship I asked liquidator for help, I did not know what he was doing, but on many occasions I informed him about a Court case I have that I don't want to lose. he said he will assign the and others to me. he put the company under liquidation to find out he can not assign any thing of this nature to me. I need to get the company back to normal position. I have a possible partner to help with creditors subject to company being out of liquidation. can this be done, how much will cost me and will you be able to do it for me. Many thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). Has anything been filed or reported?

My question about how much, I meant if you will do the matter for me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thanks that

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 4 days by:
11/12/2017
Solicitor: DamienJD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Just Answer is not a law firm. So it cannot represent you in a court proceeding. You would have to hire a local attorney. On Just Answer you can ask questions and, we can discuss them and the issue involved in your situation. Just let me know if you want to continue to proceed.

can you connect me to lawyer who may be able to help me with this. in Sydney please

I informed the moderator that this is an Australian Law question. No need to respond back at this time. An attorney who can help you will respond to the question.

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

Once you have gone into liquidation you lose control and the liquidator is the one in control and makes all decisions.

It is the liquidators role to collect the debts and decide if they sue the party that owes you the money.

It is now too late to do anything.

It the liquidator is appointed then your company cannot be bought back unless all the debts are paid in full.

It is the same as bankruptcy of an individual . Once you start you cannot go back and have it removed unless you pay all the debts.

I am really sorry I cannot give you anything more positive.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 6 months ago

Good Afternoon

I am following up my last post.

If you still need assistance please let me know

Regards