Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

We are seeking a lawyer to write a cease and desist. To a

Customer Question
Hi JA: Hi. How can I...
Hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: We are seeking a lawyer to write a cease and desist
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: To a women who is slandering our animal rescue (charity) QLD
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Against her?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Law
10/17/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 month ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

If you have evidence of the defamation, and he has had an impact on your charity, then I suggest you speak to a solicitor and practices in defamation law and have them send a letter to this person requesting that she retract her false and negative statements and give you a formal apology.

If she refuses then that you have an action to sue her in court for compensation for the losses that you have suffered as a result of her false and negative comments.

But you will need evidence of the comments and also evidence that these have caused losses to the charity.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Leon. This is a 1st for us
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Seeking a lawyer to draft and send a cease and desist for our charity.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am unsure how this works. I guess I sit and wait lol
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thankyou :)

Good Afternoon

We are unable to take on work from here as it goes against the agreement we have with JustAnswer.

I would suggest you contact the Law Society of Queensland and obtain a referral to a solicitor the practices in defamation law.

Their website is as follows:

http://www.qls.com.au/Home

They will provide you the names of various solicitors and being a charity solicitors may be prepared to assist on a pro bono basis initially.

I wish you all the best and good luck.

Regards,

Leon, Solicitor