Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Can an executor make a decision to take the ashes of your

father so that you never...
Can an executor make a decision to take the ashes of your father so that you never get to say good bye?
10/16/2017

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, the executor is required to act diligently and responsibly with the deceased. Generally, unless the will of person details how their body and funeral and related family matters are to be handled, it is at the discretion of the executor.

Where the executor has acted in the manner you have described, this is both improper and subject to the circumstance, a claim may be raised against the executor for the improper handling of the deceased.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Please don’t forget to leave positive feed back by rating for 5 stars.

Kind regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you
I am the daughter
there are three executors of which I am one
one executor, the accountant has overriding decision making and has decided to deny me a farewell
I will call you if i need further advice

You are most welcome.