Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I need to know if I can travel to Australia either entering…

I need to know if...
I need to know if I can travel to Australia either entering or transiting, if I am being made bankrupted or sued in Australia I really need a phone call re further advice
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/15/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

You cannot be declared bankrupt unless you are in australia at the time of the application.

Bankruptcy is not a criminal offence and you can come and leave as you please.

Once you are bankrupt if you are here the trustee can have your passport seized and you cannot travel.

But if you are not here and they have not declared you bankrupt you are free to come and go. Owing money is not a criminal offence and noone will stop you at the border.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
I need a call ring me on +64224959253
Phone call session started
Leon, Solicitor