Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Misleading Statements on website caused me to sign a

Customer Question
contract with a firm to...
Misleading Statements on website caused me to sign a contract with a firm to utilize their services. Ever since those statements from there website have been taken down and they are refusing to provide evidence of the validity of those claims.Am I entitled to a refund, and a cancellation of the contract? No services have been rendered so far as the contract and payment was processed just 18 hours ago.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/7/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Is this a question for Australia or the UK?

Where is the company that mislead you located?

They are located in Dubai, UAE.
Furthemore, from my understanding its all contracted under the Laws of England which I believe has similar if not the same principles to Australian?

Good Evening

Yes you are correct. But because the company is UAE based and not in the UK or Australia you are covered by the UAE laws.

The courts of Australia and the UK cannot tough them unless the have representation in the UK or Australia.