Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We have a small business in the country and the shire has…

Customer Question
We have a small...

We have a small business in the country and the shire has allowed food vans come into the shire and sell food right next door

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

W a

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Western australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We also run a b&b and with the noise from them is right at our front door

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
10/6/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

You may have an action in nuisance but you have to have someone come and check the noise levels and if they are outside what is allowable then you can have then moved.

But you need to have the noise levels tested.

Here is some information.

https://www.legalaid.wa.gov.au/InformationAboutTheLaw/Homes/neighbours/Pages/NoiseProblems.aspx

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards