Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

On 27 September I transferred $ to our sons bank account in…

Customer Question
On 27 September I...

On 27 September I transferred $ to our sons bank account in New Zealand. Apparently, it was rejected on 29 September, supposedly returned. There is no return

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Sorry, I pressed the wrong button! I am in NSW., & the funds have not been returned to my bank account. I have contacted both banks, in NSW & NZ, they have both failed to assist in any way

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

As stated I have contacted banks in both NSW & NZ, & have received no customer assistance.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thank you, ***** ***** not know what to do, so am appealing for your help on this matter

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
10/6/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, with money transfers that occur between banks, subject to the bank you have used, they have a tracking process for all funds. Where funds are wrongly sent from Bank A to Bank B, the trace of the funds is is by reference number. I recommend that if you can go through your online banking, and print up a copy of the transfer of funds, which will have a reference number, then issue an email to the bank detailing the date of transfer, the issue that occurred, the follow up calls that were made and who was spoken too, and request a formal investigation. If the bank is one of the major four, they will commence an investigation into the transfer to identify as to why a refund has not occurred to your account. In matters such as your case, it is normal for banks to take time, however, banks will also only act upon a formal written request. Therefore if you have not issued a formal written request, I recommend that you consider and issue the same.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Please don’t forget to leave positive feed back.

Kind regards