Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I worked for a company on a commission bace contract and i…

Customer Question
I worked for a...

I worked for a company on a commission bace contract and i am no longer there but they still owe me about $4000 in commission but they are not paying . What is my options please ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Vic

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thx

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
10/6/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, where you were an employee, you may raise a claim for breach of contract in the Magistrates Court, or file a claim at the Fair Work Commission. Where you were a contractor, your claim would be one of breach of contract, which you would raise the same in the Magistrates Court. The first step you could take where you are a contractor, is to raise a demand for payment, and where this fails, then issue a statutory demand. The important aspects in the claim will be the contract between the parties.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Please don’t forget to leave positive feed back.

Kind regards