Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Bought Ilve Oven was installed 3 weeks ago by electrician…

Customer Question
Bought Ilve Oven was...

Bought Ilve Oven was installed 3 weeks ago by electrician and the safety glass exploded when turned on for the first time at 150 to reduce new smell of oven. No help at all from Ilve staff cannot find out top Manager's name and address. Requested brand new oven their reply was they will only replace the glass front. Oven has not been used at all

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Contacted Ilve with more than 13 phone calls responded once late yesterday afternoon and spoke to them today. Brand new kitchen cabinets were also damaged by explosion. Will not take any responsibility for the damage

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes. on a number of occasions over a 3 week period. This email is for my friend who has no computer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Why will only replace glass that may well explode again instead of whole oven. I have been unable to use oven and the firm do not really care. Have had to eat out of get takeaway for now coming up to 3 weeks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
10/6/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, you will be able to raise a claim under the Australian Consumer Law for the repair of the oven. This claim is brought into the state tribunal which is either NCAT for NSW or VCAT for VIC or QCAT QLD, or subject to the state you are in. Filing an application does require attention to detail and if you need assistance I am pleased to help you on the same.

The law is there to protect you and will come to your aid.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Please don’t forget to leave positive feed back.

Kind regards