Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I made an offer on gumtree that was accepted and then the…

Customer Question
I made an offer...

I made an offer on gumtree that was accepted and then the seller pulled out of the sale due to his father wanting the item.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have emails and text messages confirming the acceptance of offer and agreement on final price of $ 875.00. I had made arrangements and incurred non refundable costs to arrange pickup of the item. There are no other similar items available for purchase at moment.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
10/5/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, where the offer an acceptance rule has been completed, which is your case, you are entitled to the item and can sue on breach of contract, or under the Australian Consumer Law or Fair Trading Act for misleading and deceptive conduct, in respect to enforcing the seller to part with the goods or providing compensation on the same.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Please don’t forget to leave positive feed back.

Kind regards