Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have ended an 8 mobth relationship with my girlfriend eho…

Customer Question
Hi there, I...

Hi there, I have ended an 8 mobth relationship with my girlfriend eho has kids aged 8 and 5 now 4 weeks ago i witnessed what i thought was my girlfriend forcing her kids to drink wgat she called vitamin water as she wanted them to go to sleep in the afternoon. The kids didn't wabt to drink the vitamin water but she stood there and made them drink it all and then she put them down to rest and then sge came to me and said we have time for ourselves. I think she spiked their drink with one of her sleeping tablets. I did not witness her putting it their drinks. Things happened sexually during this time that the kids were asleep. I think she set the whole thing up and I have let her ex know about what I witnessed .he now wants me to fill out and affidavit so he can present in court on monday as he is trying to get full custody of the kids from her because he fears for the death of his kids under her care.. now the problem I have is she might be pregnant with my baby from that day and i dont want to jeopardise the relationship That i have with her incase she is pregnant because she could make my life very difficult to see my kid later on in the future if sshe knows that i have signed an affidavit against her.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Only his lawyer on tge phone today who trying to get me to sign this affidavit tomorrow

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i think i have covered it all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
10/5/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello, well the evidence will really not stand up as you never saw her put anything into the drink in any event.I am unsure as to what you mean by 'things happened sexually when the kids are asleep ' if you mean she touched them inappropriately then that is a significant concern that the court will look at.Issue is, above all, this should have been reported to the police / child welfare. Any solicitor defending her will suggest that.It is up to you, but the affidavit is not just typing up adocument, you will need to be cross examined in court about it.Please click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.