Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was convicted Fraud over 20 years ago and was given 12…

Customer Question
I was convicted Fraud...

I was convicted Fraud over 20 years ago and was given 12 months goal, but was released in 6 months to home detention. Will it still be on my police record and do I have to tell my employer

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I dont understand the question

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
10/5/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, in the digital environment there will always be a record of the proceedings that have occurred. In regards ***** ***** matters, a conviction does not need to be disclosed unless the employer requests that detail in an application form. If you are intending to work in the financial services industry there is mandatory disclosure requirements that do need to be compiled with. Generally, most employers at this time do not raise questions in relation to previous convictions. Where a employer does act unreasonably you may have a claim against that party for discrimination.

If you need any help on this important matter, I would be please to assist you further.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Please don’t forget to leave positive feed back.

Kind regards

John Melis, Lawyer