Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We are Australian and we're married in Las. Eva's in 2005.

Customer Question
We don't recall getting a...
We are Australian and we're married in Las. Eva's in 2005. We don't recall getting a certificate and never registered the marriage in Australia. We are separated and are wondering if we are indeed married, if so, it is impossible for one of us to move to Nevada in order to obtain a divorce. Are we able to be married in Nevada and re marry in Australia if we are De Facto relationship status in Australia?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/5/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

You do not have to register the marriage in Australia.

But you need to get a copy of the Marriage Certificate from the USA

Try the following link

https://marriagecertificates.nvdocuments.com/?gclid=CJOv5YiT2dYCFdMDKgodYtwAOw

They may be able to get a copy for you.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards