Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have recently requested QSuper to send me a cheque ($200K)

Customer Question
Hi I have recently...

Hi I have recently requested QSuper to send me a cheque ($200K) for my self managed super fund. They would not send it to me but would send to my SMSF. The have debited my account of ($200K) and I have not received the funds. please advise

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have just rung them and they say they are well within their rights to debit the funds from my account even if my SMSF has not presented the cheque ??

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe it is illegal

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
10/5/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

That is correct the money has to be sent to the Trustee of your SMSF.

It cannot be sent in your name.

What address did they send it to?

Who is the trustee of your smsf?