Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am seeking an answer that I can get any clarity on, I work…

Customer Question
Hi there I am...

Hi there I am seeking an answer that I can get any clarity on,

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I work as a supervisor for an industrial cleaning company that currently has about 80 employees over a large site as well as a mine site. but the question no one can answer is what is the maximum number of employees that 1 supervisor is legally responsible for. i am in south australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I am staff, there is currently only 3 supervisors to look after up to 75 employees

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really just want to know if there is any law that governs companies to a ratio. so is it 10 -1 ect?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
10/5/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, there is no limit on the number of employees that a supervisor is to manage. The key question in your circumstance, is whether the company has proper policy and procedures for the supervisior to manager all the employees for OHS. Where OHS is not managed properly by the company this will then become an indirect problem for the supervisor, as the supervisor needs to bring this to the attention of the management. The role of supervisor and the responsibilities that you hold to implement proper OHS which may include sub-supervisors for such a large workforce will depend on the contract of employment you have entered into with the employer.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Please don’t forget to leave positive feed back.

Kind regards

John Melis, Lawyer