Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can you please advise me. My go has accused me of "doctor…

Customer Question
Can you please advise me...
Can you please advise me. My go has accused me of "doctor shopping" with, supposedly, 4 other doctors. When I asked for proof they won't provide it. The gp in question told me that she had been contacted, that she has this problem with other patients. I am disgusted and affronted by this false allegation. I want a copy of the said advice they said they had received about myself. I have rung them and emailed, to no avail. I would appreciate your advice herein. Thanks in advance. Denise
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
10/4/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

Have you been to see other doctors recently? If not you can contact medicare and ask for your record and this will provide the evidence.

Just a written response please
I saw one other bulk bill go on a weekend, when my regular go was not open. I advised my regular gp if same. I have also been in hospital within last 12 weeks for an Emergency Gallbladder removal & had GP home doctor visit me the night I was sent home. No meds were given, nor, prescribed by him.
8226; bulk bill GP

You have the evidence to back you up.

I would suggest that you show this to your doctor and request again who advised her your were dr shopping.

If they refuse then you can report them to the medical association.

Generally they rely on the medicare records and also prescription records as they are available to the doctors to avoid over prescribing.

If the dr gives you the details then you can confront the person and ask for a retraction and an apology as is required under the defamation act.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

I will for you the disgusting email they sent me. Telling me not to attend their clinic again. The gp advised me that she had received such notifications, not just about myself, but, more of her other patients. I am convinced that she has over prescribed, and, is trying to cover up her own error.

You take this further.

8226;forward to you (I apologise for the predictive text Error)

Do not put it online

It will be public

email it to***@******.***

OK. Will do. And, will await your advice herein.

I will get it tomorrow as it is checked before I get it.

I will respond as soon as I get it.

Have a good night.