Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Look I bought a ticket to Bali and now the Volcano is about…

Customer Question
Look I bought...

Look I bought a ticket to Bali and now the Volcano is about to erupt. Is it possible get my money back , as I am fight with 2 asthmatic children and one elderly person

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I tried to talk with Jet star and Expedia , but they didn't seem helpful

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We already were successful in getting a refund from Airbnb and now the airline refuses to give us a refund. We've been calling since last week and they have been giving us different dates to call back to (hopefully) get another flight

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
10/4/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello, Ok, did you purchase insurance with the ticket?
What were the conditions of sale?
Are you able to send me any documents / conditions to look at first?

Issue is, there are a myriad of conditions generally in purchasing of tickets.
Clearly a volcano eruption is something that is a significant issue and would perhaps frustrate the contract.

Frustrate in the legal sense means that something has happened so significant, that the contract cannot be fulfilled and thus a refund should be made.

You should file a complaint here:
http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/4433562ae9a44b6894114860f8e93378

Please click accept / rate my service with the STARS PROVIDED. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

http://www.airlinecustomeradvocate.com.au/General/Default.aspx

Apologies, the link above is the correct link.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.