Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am living with my partner who i think is emotionally

Customer Question
I am living with...

I am living with my partner who i think is emotionally abusing me . I need some answers

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have. Which was 6 months ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I did leave him at that time and came back a couple of weeks ago and things started again

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
10/4/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
In respect of the matter, you can seek assistance from the police to place a restraining order against him.
Such domestic violence is serious and the police can act on your behalf.

Other than that, not much else can be done. You sadly cannot sue him for damages, the law is of the view that such things are part of life in that respect.

i wish i could give better news.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.