Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Im a step father and wrongly been accused for touching my…

Customer Question
Im a step father...

Im a step father and wrongly been accused for touching my step daughter. DOCS are involved and has taken away my step daughter and my 8 weeks old daughter saying that they need a safety plan. been two weeks haven't seen my kids. was told by DOCS to get separated and my wife left. had a court date (one week now) to formalise everything in court i believe that the kids are in foster care. i have been interveiwed by the police and they were no charges against me. now the JIRT saying they will proceed further although the police didnt take any action due to lack of evidence and based on the report they have received. My concern is Whats going to happen next?how long?will i be able to get back with my family?my wife wants to return home but concerned about new born which is in their interim custody

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
10/3/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, the main aspect that is causing the delay in your circumstance is the DOCS. Their protocol assessment takes time to complete and finalise the best interest of the children. Depending on the efficiency of the staff in DOCS the process should be a couple of weeks, and where there are questions still unanswered that are raised by DOCS, this will hold up the whole process further. One way you can make sure every aspect is covered is to engage a lawyer to commence acting on your behalf with communication with DOCS. This will create a clean path of communication to get to the main point as to what is actually holding up or delaying the process, which then can be attended too. I understand this situation is difficult, but obtaining that extend will help will assist greatly with the time frame.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Please don’t forget to leave positive feed back.

Kind regards

John Melis, Lawyer