Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Not sure who to ask this question it used to be the

Customer Question
Hello, not sure who...

Hello, not sure who to ask this question it used to be the ombudsman for that area, It goes like this, A drunk driver drove thru the wall in front of our daughter's house. Since it happened no one has been near to clear away the debris or make any attempt to rebuild. She contacted the shire they dont know who owns it, contacted main roads they dont know who owns it. Next step is local MP and I thought of you guys, so thats the story who is responsible for this wall??

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kwinana western australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

She reported to the shire and the main roads

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Dont think so thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
10/2/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, the party that is responsible for clearing the debris is the owner of the property, whether they be an individual or the State. To determine who is responsible, a title search can be done on the property who owns that site/wall. This type of search is done through a lawyer who searches the property at the titles office via the internet, by street address search. Once the owner is identified, then the owner may be contacted in relation to clearing the debris that is causing the area to be unsafe. The alternative to this situation is to notify the police that the area is unsafe due to the debris from the property/wall, and the police will contact the owner, where the is a safety issue to the public.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Please don’t forget to leave positive feed back.

Kind regards