Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

As NZ Citizen born 1963 and live in Australia since 2003 are…

Customer Question
As NZ Citizen born...

As NZ Citizen born 1963 and live in Australia since 2003 are we entitled to get Au pension once we are 67 of age?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

As NZ citizen born in 1963 residing in Australia since 2003 are we entitled to Australian pension once we are 67 of age Zoran

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Self employed, full time and know without job and not at income support service.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I use to have Au permanent resident visa issued in Belgrade 1993 expired while I was in NZ 1994 - 2003.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/30/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

If you hold permanent residency or are an Australian citizen then you are eligible for the pension.

If not then you are not entitled.

Here is some detailed information for you. Arriving after 2001 is the issue.

https://www.dss.gov.au/about-the-department/international/international-social-security-agreements/current-international-social-security-agreements/australia-and-new-zealand-frequently-asked-questions

If you are on a Special Category Visa you do not get the Australian Pension.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards