Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Second opinion], I am asking if there is a chance that I can…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi my...

Second opinion] Hi my name is***** am asking if there is a chance that I can put a claim in for hard ship for my super , I'm struggling big time with money , debt to the eyeballs and bankrupt, I come out of bankruptcy in December , I have been on Centrelink since 2015 , but only currently fultime since March 2017 , I took 2 weeks away in Thailand and now I'm not aloud a Q251, Q230 form to apply is there a loop hole that I can get through or do I have to wait until December as centerlink told me ? Chrissy

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

Queensland and no I have all the paper work filled in just waiting for those forms from centerlink. Chrissy

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

No just went to center link yesterday.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I just wish to know if I can get anything from my super . Chrissy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/30/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly.After reviewing your comments and your previous first post, your matter seems urgent, and I seek if you would like to discuss further by telephone, which you may request these service.Kind regards
No I don't need to phone you , it's going to cost money that I don't have , the other legal person already took $66 out of my account, which I don't have now I have an overdrawn fee that I can't pay , all I want is for someone to help me ,I'm in dire straits , I need help and I need it fast , is there anything you can do for me ? , I was almost in the 26 weeks but I left the country for 2 weeks and now have to wait till December to apply again , I don't have money for legal fees or phone calls I Bearly have a house to live in So please stop asking for things you know I can't give you , I need help . Chrissy
I DONT WANT A PHONE CALL OR TO PAY $900 , FOR SERVES YOU KNOW I CANT PAY , PKEASE HELP ME IN ANOTHER WAY . CHRISSY
Have you spoken to your superannuation fund regarding early payout in relation to hardship requirement policy relief on the basis you have not reached the maturity age for the payout, and what did the superannuation fund say to you on this matter?
I have and they have said no and I'm not at the age where I can get my super paid out . I'm 50 on Friday , the superannuation people said its the law that I have to be on centre link for 26 weeks without a break in the cycle, I left the country for two weeks and now I have to wait till December, I don't think I can wait that long I'm broke , I'm begging for food , I'm begging family and friends to help me and I can't do it anymore, I need that money from my super to keep me alive , if I can't get the help I need it may cause a death that could of been prevented because of some stupid law . Chrissy walker
Dear customer, there is an online finance group Calle rate setter that provide finance for needs such as yours, have you tried that financial organisation for a short term loan?
No John , I haven't heard of this organisation, but I'm not working and I only get $500 a fortnight so how does that work ? What sought of money are we talking about with a short term loans ? Chrissy

This organisation will lend up to 20 to 50,000 on unsecured loans to assist people from 1 month to 24 months. There're numerous organisations around that can be approached online. Is this an area you have considered?

I have borrowed money from bad credit finances like sunshine loans to pay my rent but now can't pay them back because of the situation I'm in , but I will try but that only puts me further in debt I'm trying to get out of that . I really am lost as to what to do if centerlink gave a damn they would have given me those forms under special circumstances but no As I said yesterday I don't know how much more I take , anymore options for me John ? Chrissy

Chrissy, if we are able to talk on the telephone it may be easier for me to explain further potential options that you may consider. I have put forward to you a special offer on the same to help in your important matter.