Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My ex husband has filed a notice of risk to the federal

Customer Question
My ex husband has...

My ex husband has filed a notice of risk to the federal courts and is wanting to have my children removed from my care and returned back to him how do I adjourn the first hearing based on I need to compile evidence to show that the children aren't at risk of harm?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

My ex husband filed in Brisbane and I reside with my children in NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I can't talk to a lawyer until Tuesday because it's a public holiday on Monday and I was served with the notice of risk yesterday at 4 pm I rang legal aid NSW and they can't do anything until Tuesday the hearing is on the 17th of October in Bris

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My children are fearful of their father and don't wish to return to him, my uncle x husband has lied in the documents and has forged my signature on a document he filed with the courts

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/30/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

Have you been served?

Is he seeking interim orders?