Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I ‘m Bandana ( Nepalese girl ) on spouse/ dependent visa.

Customer Question
Hi I ‘m...

Hi I ‘m Bandana ( Nepalese girl ) on spouse/ dependent visa. Since 10 month I am away from my husband because of domestic violence. even though the social worker suggests me to file AVO’s. I didnt file any AVO’s on request of my husband and returned back to him. But he didn’t stopped tourturing mentally so I escaped only with passport that’s why I don’t have my stuffs and documents like visa etc. I asked many times to give me but he didn’t , Now he is totally contactless . we arrived here on 21st july 2016 and our visa expires on 2018 problem is I can’t go back to Nepal soon because its not easy to the women to face it, specially if the inlaws / husband’s family are from very rural society of nepal .my husbands family is presssuring me either to go backto husband or get divorced both are not easy for me becase i am totally scared and don't have any trust on my husband because he has been torturing me mentally from the engagement day and physically from the 14th day of our marriages So please help me what should I do ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yett that's why i need your help what should i do in this case

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not lawer but social worker

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/29/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, domestic violence is a serious issue in society, especially where you are a victim of such. As you are on a partner visa, there are two important steps that you may consider in the circumstance to take action upon. The first is to ensure your safety, and were you are fearing for your wellbeing, you may seek a family protection order against your partner. This can be done by presenting your claim directly to the police or through a solicitor. The second matter that you must attend to is to notify the department of immigration in relation to the family violence. The department will then consider your visa status, in relation to what actions they will take in respect to supporting your present visa or providing you a bridging visa. The department of immigration is understanding in relation to matters of domestic violence. It is important that you keep the department of immigration up today on your family status.

The law is there to protect you and will come to your aid.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Please don’t forget to leave positive feed back.

Kind regards

Ok . thank you. I ll get back you if required.

You are most welcome.

Kind regards *****