Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a 6yr old daughter that was living with my mother…

Customer Question
I have a 6yr...

I have a 6yr old daughter that was living with my mother inlaw for the last three years till she past away 3 weeks ago the mother of my daughter died 3yrs ago she is now residing with my mother who is going to give my daghter to distant relitives in nsw i have been a drug addict for the time my partner has been deceased but now on the methadone program and now wanting to get custody of my daughterbefore she is taken interstate what are my legal rights

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How can i stop my daghter from being taken interstate

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/29/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good evening

Have you been having any contact with your daughter?