Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

When charged with a crime do both sides get to look at the…

Customer Question
When charged with a...

When charged with a crime do both sides get to look at the evidence and a chance to prepare for it before appearing in court. how does one go about disputing evidence against onself

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not given anything yet but possible stalking/harrasment and defamation and threats

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/29/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. 

Kind regards
How would you dispute eye witnes statements especialy
Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, where a person has been charged for an offence, both sides may present evidence to support a claim or defence. The evidence of course will always be subject to its merits whether it should be used.Concerning the harassing, intimidating, threats and defamation conduct that is claimed, there are various procedures that need to be applied in presenting evidence to support these claims.The law is there to protect you and will come to your aid when needed.If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.
Please don’t forget to leave positive feed back.Kind regards *****
Disputing eyewitness statements would have to be counter disputed with other witnesses statements or forensic expert statements in relation to the claim.
What procedures need to be applied
saying a person was somewhere on said date by person a dispute by person b saying person somewhere else on said day.
May I suggest we talk on the phone as there are many aspects to the different claims you have raised.
My number is(###) ###-####or i can call you
If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.