Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

On the 23 of August we moved using ready Movers half way…

Customer Question
On the 23 of...

On the 23 of August we moved using ready Movers half way through the move they asked for an extra $100.00 for heavy lifting of a travatine table that was never mentioned in our quote, although I had said we had a heavy table I paid this with no argument my fridge was dinged and glass cabinet was scratched. I did not complain about this but when moving into a brand new property they damaged the front door.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I was told that it would be repaired but as too date nothing has been done.I have phoned 3 times and written 2 emails. On their advertising form it states that all damages will be repaired.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have sent 2 emails complaining and the removalist wrote on his docket about the damage

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/29/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

Did you have any insurance?

Do you have photos of the damage that they caused and also quotes for the repairs?

I can easily take some photos. I have not got any quotes as yet, I truly beleived that they would fix the door

Good Afternoon

Once you get the quote then you can take the matter further.