Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Am i able to sell a small quantity of legal ammunition (78…

Customer Question
Hi there. Am i...

Hi there. Am i able to sell a small quantity of legal ammunition (78 rounds of .30/30ammo which i am licenced for) to another person who holds the appropriate licence in queensland?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Im in queensland and hold the appropriate licence

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, i was just wondering.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The reason why i have asked is because i have put an add on a facebook page to sell this ammo. I have sold this way on 4 other occasions but i have been quearied by a user about the lagalities of this.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/28/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

If the person you are selling to is licensed to buy ammunition then it is not illegal.

Provided they are licensed it is ok

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor