Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can I ask a question please about vcat. I'm in Qld but been…

Customer Question
Can I ask a...

Can I ask a question please about vcat.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm in Qld but been told I can take VCAT action against a cimpany in Victoria.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not Yet I in process of Filling out paper waork on VCat site but I have a question?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Ummmmmmmmmmm not really I just wanna know if I can use something as my evidence. well to base my evidence around

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/28/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

I have a question in regards ***** ***** case I can put to Vcat in Victoria Aust.

Good Afternoon

You can file in QLD if you like and comply with the service requirements with them being in Victoria

What do you wish to know?

I know how to file from Qld - but I need to know, I have the same problem with a company in Vic that another person had, his claim was dealt with in the magistrates court in Vic and he won his case the case is on line for public to see. What I want ti know is 'Can I use that case to show in my case how much of what this company did to me is the same as how the treated this other man .

You can use the case when you make your submissions.

You cannot use it as evidence to prove your case.

It is precedent that you tell the court at the hearing when you are given the court your summary. You point the magistrate to the case and should have a copy to hand up and also give the other side.

Your evidence is your case this is the say to the court, my case is similar and you should follow this decision and apply my facts.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Thank you I'll ok with your answer
Hooroo and Thanks.

Good Evening

All the best and good luck

Regards

Hi Leon,
If you want my honest answer ‘Pretty Bloody Nicely’.
When I came across Just Answer I thought I was going to get
one question answered for $5-00 and then after that the price would grow.
Then I gets this email saying Deposit $5-00 – Amount after Solicitor $93-00
total $98-00. For that bloody price your response should have been more detailed
but it appeared to be no more than $5-00 worth.
Well I think I’ve been coned so write ya self your own review.
And make any claims on me credit card over and above the amount you
are claiming and the shit will really hit the fan.
Regards ***** *****