Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am looking for a referral to an ombudsmen for an income…

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for a referral to an ombudsmen for an income protection claim. I am 64 years old. I was retrenched in Feb 2017. I made a claim for income protection and have received 2 payments. Since this time I have also had a quadruple heart bypass 8 weeks ago. AIA Insurance who is my provider, advised me this week that contrary to earlier confirmation through my insurance agent that the payment would continue for a further 5 years, that the payments would now cease at my birthday in December 2017 at age 65 due to a policy review. I have requested the policy document from AIA and the insurance agent without success in the past, and have yet to receive the policy document after a further request this week. I have contacted 2 solicitors for advice, however the waiting time for an initial consultation is 6 weeks. Do you have good legal recommendations as to how to pursue this matter? regards, ***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/28/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

I asm solicitor not the ombudsman. I can give you their website but they will not give you advise over the phone and unless they have refused your claim you cannot lodge a complaint with the ombudsman.

You have offered to pay for this service.

I am happy to proceed but need to know if you wish to?

What is the fee to talk to you over the phone? Is there any point without a policy document that I am waiting for?

Good Afternoon

It is a further $85.00

If you wish to wait for the document and email it to me then we can continue

the email is***@******.***

I'll wait for the policy document and email it to you if and when AIA Insurance send it to me. Thanks

Good Afternoon

Ok look forward to hearing from you.

Take care