Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

On the 27th of September I paid with my credit card for a…

Customer Question
On the 27th of...

On the 27th of September I paid with my credit card for a sweeper max at a T.V Direct store at Mt Ommaney in Brisbane for 29.95. I took it home and it was not satisfactory it didn't sweep the way I wanted. I rang 2 hours after I got home and said I will be bringing it back and could I get a credit on my card she said no. I can give you a credit note which I don't want

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Queensland 27th September.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

On the bottom of the docket exchange /Credit notes offered within 14 days

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/28/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

It is not fit for the purpose.

It is false and misleading conduct. They have to offer you a replacement and if that does not work then you can demand a refund.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards