Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

To Sue Someone for Emotinal Distress and Defamation. Its a…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl . I...

Hi Pearl . I am Looking to Sue Someone for Emotinal Distress and Defamation . Its a Company and I was the Director of that Company in the Past . There are Couple of People I would Like to Include .

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?

Who have Caused This to me . This occured in Queensland . I have Moved to SA . Recently .

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing As of Yet . I have Lost lot of money and had to declare myself bankrupt .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats all for now .

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/27/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

You can sue for defamation but before you do you have to have a letter sent to them to retract the defamatory actions and apologise.

If they dont and you have the evidence then you can sue for damages if you have suffered loss.

Do you have the evidence to prove what they did?