Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was alleged of inappropriate behaviour at work and I was…

Customer Question
I was alleged of...

I was alleged of inappropriate behaviour at work and I was asked for a meeting tomorrow at 14:30. I would like a support person with me. Can you help me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Brisbane Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/26/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

We cannot be your support person.

Are you a member of the union?

No
If you can't help me to have a support person, I don't think it's necessary.

Good Afternoon

Can I ask are the allegations true?

No. I was alleged of saying " f**ker lazy " to a staff.

Do you have any friends that you trust that can come with you?

The person that comes with you cannot say anything. If not then you have to ask for time to get legal advise and a solicitor to attend at the meeting. This is not unreasonable.

The law society of QLD can refer you to solicitors that are close to you.

Their website is as follows

http://www.qls.com.au/Home

I'm sorry but I can't pay you $98. I thought I am only charged $5.