Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My husband undertook two govt. funded coarses on the proviso…

Customer Question
My husband undertook two...

My husband undertook two govt. funded coarses on the proviso that the money would be repaid once he reached a certain wage. He never has and I am concerned that when he passes (not for a long time I hope) that the debts will be incurred by me, our house is in his name and would they be able to take the money by enforcing the sale of the house?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I was just talking with a friend and they said I should get the house put in my name just in case

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No,i am he house is all we have.just concerned as t

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/26/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon,

Is this is HECS debt?