Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been in contact with Computershare Investor Services…

Customer Question
I have been in...

I have been in contact with Computershare Investor Services to change my address, the informed me that I needed to complete a change of address form, to forward such form via email is $11, I find this to be unethical! What are my options, policies by companies such as this must be stopped!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet, but I do want to lodge a complaint but unsure as to whom!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It's just that I moved home needed to advise them and I was told that I either write a letter or complete a change of address form which will cost $11 to email to me! Ridiculous!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

What is the fee for this service?

The amount you have offered I believe is about $93.00

No, I do not want to pay that money for a enquiry

I will arrange you be refunded all the best

Regards

Why have you charged my credit card with an amount without my consent?