Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Ive been a bank employee for 9 years i had been a Personal…

Customer Question
Ive been a bank employee...
Ive been a bank employee for 9 years i had been a Personal Banker for the last 3 years for the past 2 years ive been working with this horrible branch manager she has always pitted staff members against each other and was a bully it became sort of torrible for a while. About a year ago a new district manager was appointed it appeared he was awake to her incompetence but she would come back saying the district manager wants to get rid of me she was constantly telling me this. With only the 3 staff members the manager a teller and myself i was constantly gossiped about everything i did was reported to the manager petty errors made by myself were made 10 times bigger than they were while huge errors made by themselves were brushed off. Thankfully the teller resigned i thought half my problem was gone little did i know. The manager had been plotting to get an assistant manager she was saying how stressed she was how over worked she was just slow incompetent and invents policy that has nothing to do with 2017 banking. The manager was off for 5 weeks leaving me to run the branch on my own with a different casual staff member every day. As i expected it was difficult i had unachievable targets and on top of that do home loans and i only had just come from the course 3 weeks prior the manager showed me hardly anything on home loans but you meant to get help with the loans. Over the 5 weeks the loans i had were too complex for beginners like me and had to passed on. So for 5 weeks no manager or senior manager ever contacted me on how the branch was going the only few times i had contact with some kind of management was the casuals didn't show up. One disturbing incident was the branch manager that was on leave (she slipped this out) was notified by a casual in the evening that she will not be in the following day the manager had just said she ignored the casual and just sent a sms to another manager but no communication to me i arrive at work waiting no staff i messaged a staff member for her managers number she informs me the staff member is not coming in only then the hunt began to look for a staff member the branch opened 2.5 hours late i was set up to fail and thats what happened. I had heard from other staff members and cash delivery crew that an assistant manager got appointed i was the last person to find out as i was going to be the one demoted to telling. Upon the managers return she keep it from me until a friday afternoon. The manager was going around the branch to try and find things to pin me on which im sure she found i was on annual leave for 2 weeks upon my return today i was gloating manager how well they done despite the branch being closed for 2 days the last week they were working in other branches and putting the sales to the closed branch think that's cheating but she is a superstar and i was no good i was again told i was to be on telling fulltime from there i was expected get sales and do home loans this is an impossible and unreasonable expectation and throughout she would deliberately taunt me making sure she walked past the telling unit come up close and laugh she did that all day long there is much more to tell in this story what i would like to know if i can take the company for victimization and discrimination as this is done on purpose for me to resign
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/25/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello, my sympathy to you.
You can seek compensation from fair work Australia.
See below:https://www.fairwork.gov.au/how-we-will-help/templates-and-guides/fact-sheets/rights-and-obligations/protections-at-workIt is called 'adverse action' as well as general workplace bullying.You can also seek compensation for constructive dismissal if you resign, you can claim that the only reason you designed is becouse of their actions toward you.Please click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.
Daniel, Solicitor