Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How do I unfreeze a frozen bank account by my Husband.

Customer Question
How do I unfreeze...

How do I unfreeze a frozen bank account by my Husband

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Western Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Apparently

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am requesting this information for my daughter

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/25/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

I am not sure what you are asking.

How was the account frozen?

I am answering this for my daughter as her husband, ( my son in law) done this in western australia, in her absence

Is the account in joint names?

How did he freeze the account without her consent?

Apparently, Through the western australian courts

He would have had to serve her with the documents.

Had she received anything?

Has she spoken with the bank?

That is the part ( at this stage) I am not privvy to,I dont believe she was served with any documents, She certainly wasnt informed of what was going on, As she was here in NSW at the time,

The courts do not make orders that easily without both parties being present.

She needs to speak to the bank and ascertain what caused them to freeze the account.

Once she knows she can then take action

If it was with a court order, she has to go back to the court to have it overturned. She will need to see a solicitor and provide them with what she knows.

It is not usual for a bank to issue an freezing order without evidence that the other party has been served.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Thanks so much for your assistance, I think armed with that information it will be of great help, Again Thank you, ***** ***** Poel

Good evening

All the best and good luck

Regards

Leon, Solicitor