Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

After a caveat has been lodged how can it stay on the

Customer Question
Thank you. after a...

Thank you. after a caveat has been lodged how long can it stay on the property

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, as far as I know it has

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The property in question was auctioned last saturday

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/25/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

It stays on the property indefinitely until it is withdrawn.

On settlement the party that has lodged the caveat will hand over a withdrawal and it will be registered with the transfer and new mortgage.

The caveat will then be removed when you become the owner.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards