Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Over the weekend we signed a contract to purchase a new

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** the weekend we signed a contract to purchase a new caravan and now do not want to proceed. The contract has been rubber stamped with 'This contract is irrevocable'. Can you please tell me if there is a 3 day cooling off period in queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't understand the question

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/25/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

Unless you were told there was a cooling of there is no cooling off.

If the contract is subject to finance then you may be able to do something. Otherwise I am very sorry to say but you cannot terminate without some penalty.

If you wish to email me the contract to *****@******.*** I can have a look at it and tell you more. But I dough you have a cooling of if they did not advise you of one at the time you signed.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Please reply here.

I understand that you do not want to proceed but the terms of the contract are what you are bound by