Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have tested positive to cannibis on a mdt last night at…

Customer Question
I have tested positive...

I have tested positive to cannibis on a mdt last night at around 10pm. I did smoke a joint with some friends around lunch time. I am 30yrs old and never been charged with anything. And my driving history is fantastic. I have never lost a point in the 13yrs i have been driving. Do you think i have a chance of getting a section 10? I live in NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes i went to the police station and they did a bunch of paperwork

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The reason for me being pulled over was because my car had been put of rego for 2 days. It just slipped my mind

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/25/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon,

Please accept my apology for the delay as I was not at my desk.

Firstly I would suggest that you get your self representation and that you attend Court on the day the matter is listed.

Based on the information you have provided you have a very good chance of being dealt with under section 10 with no conviction recorded.

The solicitor that will act for you, should request that you provide personal references to be handed out to the magistrate and also a history of your day-to-day life to give the magistrate a picture that you are law-abiding and a person that contributes to the community.

In relation to your car not being registered, I would suggest that you rectify this situation and provide evidence to the court that it was done as soon as practicable after you discovered your ommission.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards