Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can a person state that you were a cruel person in a family…

Customer Question
Can a person state...

Can a person state that you were a cruel person in a family court if its no true

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

N s w

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Its in the family court that im supposed to have pulled a sucking baby from he and said she was a bad mother

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She also said my grandson kept shaking the baby while in my home

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/25/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

In an affidavit they can but if there is nothing to back it up your solicitor can request that it be struck out of their affidavit.

If you are asking if you can sue for defamation on that statement the answer is no.

Also if it is not true they can be cross examined on it and if it is found they have lied under oath the court can punish them for perjury.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards