Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am a small local travel agency. In good faith I have

Customer Question
I am a small...

I am a small local travel agency. In good faith I have served this customer's request of booking his group. He paid via credit cards and payment were processed through the merchant terminal machine provided by the bank. One week after I received a letter from the bank (commonwealth) the owner of the credit card disputed the he never bought a plane ticket and without approval using his credit card. In spite of the supporting documents given to the bank in regards ***** ***** purchased. The bank acted in favour to the card owner and charged me back by getting money in my account that is connected the the merchant terminal machine. I am now confused because the bank keeps on getting money from my business account and

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

With out my permission. My business account now is gravely affected the business cash flow. 2ndly, as if I am the fraud person. I just provided the service to the customer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

In NSW two weeks ago.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe that my agency

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/24/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

I am sorry to hear but what I am going to tell you is not what you wish to hear.

The bank has a right to do this. It is part of the contract that you have with the bank when you signed up with your merchant facility.

You have not been accused of committing fraud, the customer is saying they did not authorise it so they are implying that it was not them.

Can I ask when you do your credit card transaction do you have to get the CVV number at the bank of the card?