Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Im in NSW and i have just recently signed a contract to

Hi Im in NSW...

Hi Im in NSW and i have just recently signed a contract to purchase a used car at a dealership. I want to now cancel the contract and see what my options are

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

NSW and 3 years old

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

The time is not 5.30am. I will do it as soon as they are open again

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

*now

I signed the contract for the vehicle on the 23rd September 2017 and applied for finance in the late afternoon.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
please, please call me on(###) ###-####
There is a lot to the story. It is so much to type. Can you please call me
9/24/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

How much extra will the fee be to talk on the phone?

Good Morning

I am sorry for what I am about to tell you as it is not what you will wish to hear.

There is no cooling off period on buying a car.

You cannot cancel the contract unless it is subject to finance and the finance is not approved.

If you want a call it is a further $85.00

Leon, Solicitor
Phone call session started