Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My wife committed adultery with another man. As far as Im…

Customer Question
My wife committed adultery...

My wife committed adultery with another man. As far as Im concerned this man ruined my marriage and I would like to see him punished in a court of law. Is this possible?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Qld

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/24/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

There is no punishment under the law.

It is not illegal for him.

Also if the marriage is over there is no fault and the adultery will make no difference on how the law deals with your assets.

I am really sorry for not being able to give you anything more positive.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards