Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My partner and I had a heated argument and he threatened me…

Customer Question
Hi my partner and I...
Hi my partner and I had a heated argument and he threatened me with a knife I called police they serviced him with a avo but we both had been drinking as we just came back from a wedding. We are back together today but I don't find him a threat any more what do I do hearing is in October he didn't mean to do what he did
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/23/2017
Solicitor: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 10 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

I'm sorry, I didn't see it was an Australia question.

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

I have requested you be refunded the last post.

Have they charged him with any criminal offences or just the AVO?

Crimal offence I think
Can you write back my service isn't good

Good Morning

If there is a criminal offence you will not be able to do anything.

The police, in order to press charges believe that they have evidence to win.

You can call the police officer that you gave your statement too and request to withdraw your statement but they may not allow that.

You are now a witness and you will be subpoenaed to give evidence.

Your partner should be represented in this matter.

Also the AVO should be amended if it says he is not to approach you because living together he is in breach and that is a further criminal offence and makes it harder on him.

He needs to get his own solicitor in this matter and you can ask the police to withdraw the statement and the complaint but it is there choice.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Good Morning

In that case the situation is that you need to speak to the police and ask about withdrawing the AVO.

If the AVO says he cannot approach you he cannot be in the house it is a breach. You have to request that the AVO is varied so that he can be there if he does not drink.