Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Tenant neighbours. Property managed. Regular annoyance value

Tenant neighbours. Property managed. Regular annoyance value over the past 6 years by having stones and other rubbish tossed over the fence.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Queensland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Talked to the tenants once and asked them not to do it. Problem not fixed. Contacted the property manager numerous occassions. Problem not fixed.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Additional issue last year about this time visitor to their property intimidated my wife and daughter over the slow return of a ball. Police say not at a level sufficient of threat to warrant their intervention. They were issued a notice (cant remember but I think its if they get 3 of them they get asked to leave).
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Correction to original question: Additional issue last year about this time visitor to their property intimidated my wife and daughter over the slow return of a ball. Police say not at a level sufficient of threat to warrant their intervention. They were issued a breach notice over the incident. Just really fed up. What is my next legal step apart from contacting that useless property manager again ?

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hi, I'm in Queensland. Is that going to be a problem ?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I don' think a phone call is required, I'm simply after what is the next best step, i.e. who do I contact

Good Morning

If they are interfering with your quiet enjoyment of your home then it is nuisance and you can sue them.

You can send a letter to the managing agent and the landlord advising that their tenants are impacing on your day to day lives and they should do something about it.

Once the landlord fails then you can take action against them.

Here is some information.

https://queenslandlawhandbook.org.au/the-queensland-law-handbook/living-and-working-in-society/neighbourhood-disputes/public-and-private-nuisance/

The Police will not get involved unless there are real threats.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Good enough. Thanks for the assist!

You are very welcome and good luck.

Regards