How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Melis Your Own Question
John Melis
John Melis,
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 562
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
John Melis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can my Wife & I evict our 22-year-old daughter from our

This answer was rated:

Second opinion] How can my Wife & I evict our 22-year-old daughter from our family home?JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?Customer: We live in Brisbane.JA: Has anything been filed or reported?Customer: No.JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: She's taking drugs - smoking pot. Stoned a lot of the time. Associating with drug dealers and bringing strange people home at all hours. My Wife & I are concerned about our personal security.
Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. 

Kind regards
John Melis
Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, the option you have is to raise a personal safety order against that family member AVO. This can either be done through a solicitor or directly with the police. Upon the order being filed, your daughter will be served and required to leave the premises. There are various aspects to the order that do need consideration from a family dynamic as well as the personal impact on your daughter.The law is there to protect you and will come to your aid.If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.Don't forget to leave positive feed back.Kind regards *****
John Melis and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you