Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Can you be served by email for a personwho is trying to take

can you be served by email for a personwho is trying to take you t court if they think you owe them money
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: qld and i reside in sw
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i do not know or though i think theycame to serv but i was not ome and they nevercame back
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i lived with person and now she is trying to claim i we her money

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

Generally you have to be served in person. But they can get an order for substituted service and serve you by email.

If you reside interstate and they have difficulty serving you then the court would grant the service by email.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I lived with some one and we were not in a physical relationship but we shared the bills and holidays i paid or most of the holidays and put in for other things as she was not working and now she is claiming i owe her money i feel she owes me money.She has legal aid and has tried to serve me, what ae myoptions as i live in anothr state
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
i will have to wait till i have the money to pay you

Good Evening

Are they suing you in the family court or as a debt?

I am surprised she has legal aid.

Have you seen the paperwork?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
i do not know i would assume debt because we were never married or have any spouses, Some one came o my house ad asked for mebut the people i shae wih did not recognise my first name he had a paper to serve

Until you receive the paperwork you will not know what she wants.

Once you receive it then you have 28 days to respond.

If you disagree you will defend it and if she owes you money you cross claim against her.

But you cannot do anything at the moment until you get the documents.

Once you get them you must act because if you do nothing she will get judgement against you and that means you have orders to pay her.

Regards