Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have had a cheque for $500 bounced by a customers bank (

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a cheque for $500 bounced by a customers bank ( WBC) he doesn.t seem to care, but I do. He has the goods he purported to pay for, but all I,m getting is grief from my bank who honoured my payment to my supplier. What action can I take I am a pensioner

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

3150 Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only happened yesterday matter is important to me

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/22/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good evening

That is a criminal offence to pass dud cheques and you can report them to the police.

You can also sue them for the money.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards