Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Could you please tell me if the law office of Jonothan Haas…

Customer Question
Could you please tell...

Could you please tell me if the law office of Jonothan Haas is a legitimate business trustee as I have been approached by them as being the liquidators that have told me that I am entitled for a claim. They have said that I have to pay another creditor money before I can receive my payout

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am from Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I am ware of

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I hve the email that they have sent me tht i can forward to you if that helps. i just want to know if i am being scammed

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/22/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

Where are they located? Did anyone owe you money?

It sounds like a scam to me. If you were owed money by the party they say they are liquidating you should have received documents for a creditors meeting.

If they are overseas then I can tell you it is a scam and you should not give them any information.

Contact scamwatch they have a list of all scams and they can give you more detailed information about them.

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Can i forward all the emails they sent for you to have a quick look please

email them to***@******.***

When I get them I will get back to you.

Make sure they are marked to my attention.

Thank you